Monday 13 October 2014

Video-based session

I am no longer sharing posts on this website. I have moved everything to Wordpress (lesson plans as well).
My new website is
www.myeltrambles.wordpress.com


I hope I see you there :D

Joanna
Lesson Plan 3
Video-based lesson-Story telling
I am sharing with you an adaptation of a lesson I did for my Delta. This is a video-based lesson which is appropriate for learners who are upper intermediate level and above. It was part of a Task based learner lesson but now I have made adaptations so it does not really follow the stages of TBL. It is great for upper-intermediate learners. I used this lesson with my Ielts class and a Business English class in order to jazz things up. The skill practiced is speaking/listening(story telling ). Lesson length: 45-50 minutes.

You will find a downloadable detailed lesson plan, a PPT and a handout. I have also embedded the video. The video is from the webpage www.nbcnewyork.com and can also be found here

Sorry folks but my editing skills are not great + I am not aware of how you cut off codes which means that I was unable to cut the add off : (. On the bright side? The commercial only lasts for 14 seconds so keep that in mind when showing the video.




Let's have a quick look at this lesson:
Task 1: T shows key words and asks sts for quick guesses about this story.    (5 mins)
Task 2: In pairs, sts plan the story based on the prompts and report back to the rest of the class. Once stories have been reported back to the rest of the class, they watch the story.    (10mins+4 mins video)
Task 3: Ss watch video again and make notes of the features of telling a story. This is followed by input about what makes a good story.  (9 mins)
Task 4:  Ss plan and tell their own story- theme: an emergency.  (12 mins)
Task 5: Setting H/W

You can download the lesson plan here: TBL lesson plan.docx



You can download the tasks here:
Experimental session Task based learning.docx


You can download the PPT hereKindergarteners ABC’s helps save Dad’s life.pptx

I hope you enjoy this lesson. Please let me know how it went in the comments section below.


Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment